Monday, March 1, 2010

A Very Special Gift

I came home today and was met by my daughter, who told me,"Mom, I have something special for you. You are really going to like it." The gift...a blog for the two of us! I cannot tell you how delighted I am! I have wanted a blog for so long. I am an insatiable reader of blogs and have often been asked by those in the crafty crowd, "Do you have a blog?" For a long time, having a blog has seem "out of my reach."

When I went to Silver Bella, everyone had blogs! They all had darling little cards they exchanged called "Moo Cards," (miniature pieces of art) and the address of their blogs and etsy stores. I was dazzled. Now I have an Etsy store and a blog!

I felt the same way about "swaps." There was something about being in a swap that "legitimized" you as a person who was "good enough" at art and craft. I was terrified to do my first swap and had my whole family help me put my May Basket together to get to Canada on time. Being in Kari Ranstrom's "A Year of Color" helped me feel much more comfortable with joining swaps.


The last swap I did was Heather's (Speckled Egg) Petite Inspiration Box Swap. It finally seemed relaxed and fun and I really enjoyed making my boxes. You cannot see the material on the boxes (it was a beautiful piece of dark red silk velvet) nor can you see what covers the hearts (beautiful German silver glitter) but you can get the idea. I felt proud and felt that I was "good enough" to be in a swap.


Thank you, Kat, for the best gift that I have had in ages- a blog!

-Suz

5 comments:

  1. This is beautiful, gals! So glad you're in the blogosphere!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited to see you here Suz!! And I am looking forward to getting to know Kat as well!!! oxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!!!! So glad to put a blog to a face to a name! You will love it Suz!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Suz!!! I am so excited for you. Your blog is wonderful already and I will most definitely be adding a link to my blog so I can check in on you and your sweet daughter! Hope to see you again in November at Silver Bella 2010.

    Hugs,

    Sue E.

    ReplyDelete