Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Meet Wee Bear

What is your current obsession?
My new blog!  Fashion, particularly, http://lookbook.nu , estate sale-ing, learning new things, Bananagrams, and doing therapeutic treatment with kids.

If you were to perform in the circus, what would you do?
I’d be an aerialist!  (there is something so magical about it to me.)

Which would you rather have, $50,000 or true love?
True love.  (I can still work to make money, right?)

What do you value most in life?
Love, creativity, intelligence… and good company to increase all of those.

Do you believe everything happens for a reason?
Of course!  Like the famous flutter of butterfly wings, every moment is impacted and proceeded by things before it or alternately inspired by the possibilities that lay before it.  Without the moon, there would be no tides.  Without the break-ups, I wouldn’t have moved fully to the next wonderful stage in my life.  Without moving on and aspiring to touch other people’s lives…

Can you fake any accents?
Jes!  (My best is my Russian accent, but I can also do decent Cockney, London, and Liverpudlian accents… maybe a few others.)

Have you ever won a trophy?
In kindergarten I won a trophy for reading- from the same teacher who told my parents I couldn’t read.  (Really, I had just convinced her that I couldn’t read because I had fine motor skills issues and we had to cut out a leaf shape every time that we read a book.)

Which is your most favorite place on this earth?
Little Devils Tower, SD is my spiritual place.
 
My dad at Little Devil's Tower, SD


What do you think the greatest invention is in your lifetime and why?
Well… there are probably some amazing medical inventions, and there’s the internet and laptops and iPods… But two technologies that fascinate me are Press and Seal and ForceFlex.

What do you think the secret to a good life is?
Hope. Love. Curiosity. Involvement. Passion. Creation. Patience.  Appreciation. Acceptance.

Do you feel you have a purpose or calling in life?
Yes!  I’m now working towards my license in clinical social work (LICSW) which will allow me to work as a mental health practitioner (and allow me to do many other things, too, if I wish.)  After achieving this I will get accredited in Expressive Therapies (therapies involving creativity- like drama, creative writing, and visual art.)  This year I did an internship at a residential treatment center for children and learned that working with kids is also a calling.

If you had one word to describe yourself, what would you choose?
Goofball

What is your motto in life?
1. Be the change you want to see in the world- Mahatma Gandhi
2. You’re never too old to do goofy stuff- Ward Cleaver

What's your favorite quote (for now)?
“Sad soul take comfort and ne’er forget that sunrise never failed us yet.” –Celia Thaxter

Favorite colors:
Blue, green, and purple.

-Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment