Saturday, July 23, 2011

Anniversary Pink...




I bought this vase for Jud when I was on vacation in Rapid City (the beautiful Black Hills) and he was home tending our new flower garden. I found it at a wonderful store called Prairie Edge, where outstanding works of local and national Native Americans are featured. I loved the shape and the two heads together. It spoke to me and represenst our relationship. Though we are separate in some ways, at the end of the day, we are truly "one." He is the one that I can speak most comfortably with about all my joys and sorrows, the father of my dear daughter and is truly the love of my life. Indeed, he is my soulmate. 

The vase is filled with some pretty good imitation tulips and some sparkle lights, given to us by our dear friend, Donna. See those little sticks. They are fairy lights! You can see that the wall behind is soft pink. I thank God that I am married to a man who loves color and is comfortable with a pink family room. It is a lovely color to live with, and we have lived with pinks, grays and eggplant for thirty years. 

This is the first time I am hooking up with Pink Saturday. I think it one of the greatest ideas because 
I Love Pink!!!

This is linked to Pink Saturday at How Sweet the Sound.


15 comments:

  1. May you always be "in the pink."

    Love, Colette

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely face my dear! I love the little fairy lights....I ordered some tall branches with the tiny fairy lights to put in a vintage spittoon that I purchased! It is just beautiful and I can't wait to get the lights to put in it. Come take a peek on how pretty it is!
    http://coastalsistersnews.blogspot.com/2009/04/frivolity-with-friends-and-vintage.html

    Love,
    LuLu~*xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy first Pink Saturday. I have blogged off and on and done Pink Saturdays off and on. My method of viewing pinks is by the last digit of my own link. Today I'm 103, and am looking at links that end in 3. Of course, I stray a bit too. I was all finished working backwards from 153, when I saw you have since joined the links. Pink Saturday is a lot of fun. Meet some great people. I enjoyed your reflections in your post and it is a blessing to have a man who'll take us as we are. Pink or whatever. Thanks, Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is one of my favorite pieces in your house! I'm so glad to hear the story of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a special gift for your special honey...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful vase this is. I've never seen anything like it. And your post about your relationship with Jud really touched my heart. I felt the same way about my George.
    xo
    jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Suz,
    the vase is absolutely beautiful and I never saw one like this.The tulips look so real,very pretty.TFS.Have a lovely Sunnday.
    Hugs,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful post, dear friend-
    I love the vase and what it means to you,Suz-it is very special,- also the wall color, is beautiful- and the tulips fooled me ,before reading your post.....looks real!
    I hope your sunday is a good one.
    Hugs,-Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful vase! That IS very cool that your husband is comfortable with a pink family room. Way to go Jud!!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous vase~I'm sure Jud was so touched!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful gift to express how you feel about Jud! Isn't it a shame that the pink/blue gets assigned to babyhood. I wonder who started that, anyway? I think men look absolutely dashing in pinks shirts, but such a fuss from them most of the time. Good for Jud to not fall for that silly idea of separation by color and gender! I thought your tulips were real, too! I also hopped over to Pink Saturday, lovely site. Oh for retirement and time time time!

    ReplyDelete
  12. you are so poetic in your photos...words and life dear Suz

    the twinkle stems must be sweet lit up

    I adore that vase and the way you speak about your precious Jud is just how I feel about my JJJ...Such a blessing!
    oxo

    I miss Pink Saturdays

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are one of many who loves PINK! I have had pink and purple in my house also for years and to this day still love it. I even have a purple front door with purple pots, how about that! ANyway thanks for sharing in the pink and purple love!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely gift to get your Husband! I love the lights!

    Sandy xox

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh lucky you! A man who is o.k. with pink! I am sure your family room is lovely. These flowers and the vase are beautiful. The vase is such a dear sentiment about your relationship!
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete