Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Think of Us...



Dear Friends,

I love this sculpture. We bought a copy of this on our last trip to Croatia and looking at her always gives me a feeling of peace.

Jud, Jan (his younger sister) and I are sitting at the cancer center, watching the cardinals and gold finch out the window, while Jud receives his chemo. We met with his doctor this morning and reviewed his CAT scan. The results were somewhat inconclusive. His liver is showing three spots instead of two and it is possible that there is some growth in the tumors. It is also possible that what is showing up on the scans is merely inflammation from chemo and radiation.

Jud will come back for a PET Scan on Thursday, which should give us more information. If the tumors are growing, he will have a change in treatment. If they are remaining stable, he will continue with the same treatment that he is getting.

We had a wonderful meeting with the social worker here. Thank God for good people. Everyone has been so kind today, from the nurses, to the massage therapist to Jud's lovely doctor, Melissa Sherman. We are so grateful to have this beautiful center, with its calm and quiet atmosphere (except for the fact that Jud's pump is malfunctioning and starts beeping every twenty minutes, but they are just getting him a new one!).

It is so good to have Jan and our niece, Dani, here. Katie did her Master's paper presentation yesterday and did a wonderful job. Life is up and down and in and out, but as a whole, life is good.

Please remember us in our thoughts and prayers in the next few days. Thank you so much for your constant caring and support.

Hugs,
Suz

18 comments:

  1. Dear Suz,
    I will pray for you that the new spot showing on your husbonds liver is from the treatment, and "only" inflammation - it is a lovely place to be treated ,I can tell from your post,----so beautiful that he (you) can see the nature while having the chemo treatment,dear, and I know how much it means that there are good people working in those places.
    I hope for the best, and sends warm hugs.
    Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I sat at my desk pulling some journal articles for doc........thoughts of you and Jud came to me and here I am to check on you both and insert a warm hug and encouragement that it is VERY common for the inflammation to show like this. My thoughts and prayers are with you all and I know that the beauty that is surrounding you is as vital as the drip that is entering Jud's healing body.

    xox Rella

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been wondering how things were going, but I've been hit and miss online lately and never did find your Caring Bridge site. Waiting for results is such an up and down roller coaster ride. You're in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Suz,
    You and Jud are definitely in my prayers. All the uncertainty is overwhelming sometimes. I sat with my Mom many days while she was going through chemo. We just took it one day at a time.
    On a brighter note, Your lace will work better if you cut small pieces at a time and make sure you use heavy dcoupage glue. You can manipulate the lace better if it`s wet.
    Hope that helps!
    Blessings sweet friend~
    Kim
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Suz,
    sending lots of prayers that the spots are just from the treatmens and the chemo will do its magic!!! Let's just hope for the best!!! Sending hugs and prayers.
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Suz,

    My heart just breaks. I remember the not knowing, the waiting for results, but God helped us through our journey by surrounding us by loving and caring people. My prayer is that God continue to surround you with those people. You and Jud are in my daily prayers.

    Wishing I could send a hug that you could feel through this computer.


    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Suz and Jud, my thoughts and prayers are constantly with you.
    Colette xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. My prayers are constant and will remain so for the healing that must be. Your statue is very serene and would be a comfort to gaze upon. Stay strong and breathe dear Suz.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am new to your blog so have only just read your story. I will indeed say a prayer for you both. This must be a very stressful time for you...I am thinking of you.

    Blessings and very best wishes,
    Natasha.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Suz, you and Jud and the rest of your family are for sure in my prayers. You have been down a very rough road and you still see the world as wonderful...and for that I know YOU are wonderful. I pray that you will all be sustained and held up by the angels dearest Suz.
    Thank you for coming by tonight and leaving such sweet words for me. You are amazing and I hope you know that sweetie.
    hugs from here...

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love that sculpture!!!
    & my thoughts & prayers
    of healing
    are w/you.
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  12. Suz, Thinking of you and Jud- your positive attitude is an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Suz, your sculpture is very calming to look at. It must be a comforting influence during this challenge you and your family are experiencing. My prayer for Jud is that it is indeed inflammation and that he is getting exactly what he needs to heal. Hugs, and love to you.
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  14. Prayers for Love Peace and Healing continue to wing their way to you dear ones!

    Katie is a champion keeping up with her studies...extra kudos to her!

    Love and gentle hugs to you dear Suz!
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Suz, I am so glad you are surrounded by loving and caring people...I am sending some more loving thoughts and prayers your way...XO

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Suz~
    Waiting for information is often the longest wait ever. I pray for the results to be favorable...I pray for healing...I pray for strength for you both. I've thought about you a lot in the past weeks.
    God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
    Hugs
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm thinking of you all, most certainly.

    ReplyDelete