Friday, May 20, 2011

A Circle of Love...


This piece is called "la Familia." This "familia" has had a hard couple of days. Jud's PET Scan showed three more spots on his liver and two more cancerous nodes. The difficult treatment he has been receiving for the past four cycles is not working. 

We are not sure what will happen next. Jud will hear more from his doctor today and we will be looking at some options. One of the possible treatments is the "hedgehog" treatment...nothing to do with hedge hogs but involving a way to stop the metabolic pattern the cancer takes. Unfortunately, it looks like Jud will not qualify. The next option is Gemcitabine, his first drug, and Ambraxine, similar to Taxol which has been used successfully with breast cancer. The catch here is that it has not been ok'd with pancreatic cancer. Jud's doctor, Melissa, will have to make an appeal for it's usage. My understanding is that is a hard process. At this moment, Jud received a call from his doctor and I believe he is hearing more possibilities. 

The one thing we know is that, in the midst of the sadness and chaos, we are feeling loved. We are deeply loved by our God and sincerely love each other as a family. The circle extends out to our extended family and out to my friends and, especially, my blog friends. With my fibromyalgia and neuropathy, I have so much time that I must spend at home and you have all become so important in my life. My fibro groups, the Committee of Mothers, my Silver Bella friends, my craft blog friends. You all are woven into my circle and that has kept me going and keeps us going. 

For that incredible gift, I am exceedingly grateful. 

14 comments:

  1. Dear friend- I`m so sad hearing that,-I so hope one of the new options will cause a change to the better-for your Jud.
    How hard it must be dear,- and I know how hard all the treatment is ,too- (my sister)-
    I wish there is new hope after your husbonds doctor just called-
    Warm hug-Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, dear Suz...I'm so sorry the results weren't what you were hoping for...I love your courage and faith, though--they're the most important things you could have right now. And love. And you're right--God DOES love you, no matter what you're going through...your family loves you, and we love you.

    Keeping you both in my prayers, dear friend...hand in there.

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry Suze....lifting you all up in prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Suz, So sorry to your disappointing news, and I'm sure the waiting to find out what next is frustrating- but you are blessed to have a LARGE circle of friends that are thinking about you and praying for you. Send you you a big hug.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Suz, I'm sorry to hear that news. I'll be praying for all of you - Jud, the doctors, you and your family.
    Lots of love to you ~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your sad news is heartbreaking however you are encircled with family and friends and love and prayers. Never give up hope for healing. May Jud be strong and get through treatments. Blessings my dear...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Suz,
    I am so sorry to hear the news you received and I pray that Jud will be able to get the other treatment and get approval for it...Sending love to you both and praying for healing for Jud...
    Love,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sorry that it wasn't the best news to receive, but keep faithful and positive, as all of your friends are continuing to pray for Jud and your family...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Suz, I am very sorry for what your family is going through right now, it must be so hard...Jud's doctor seems to be working hard to find good treatments to help. So many caring people are sending love your way...I will continue to lift you in prayer XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  10. I admire you positive spirit Suz. I'm so sorry you and your family are having to face this. I wish there was a cure for cancer. I just hate even hearing the word. I'll send up some prayers today. I hope the doctors came up with a good plan of attack and that there will be new hope in your future!!
    (((hugs)))
    vivian

    ReplyDelete
  11. may the circle of Love woven all around you continue to hold and support you with Love Sweet Love Dear Ones!

    you touch so many hearts
    in so many special ways

    it is a blessing to be connected to you in any way

    Brightest of Blessings dear Suz and Family
    oxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my dear Suz,
    My heart and prayers go out to you and Jud after reading Friday's blog post. You both must be so disappointed - and as you know, I know EXACTLY what you are going through. Don't lose hope - However I know that isn't easy. But I am praying that Jud's doctor will be able to push through the approval (or find another alternative treatment) very soon. I will say an extra prayer tonight for Jud.
    Please take care,
    xo
    jeanne

    In you, O Lord, I seek refuge; . . . . Be a rock of refuge for me, a strong fortress to save me. Psalm 31:1-2

    ReplyDelete
  13. My thoughts are with you, Suz. from Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  14. OH. I wish I had the right words. Well, maybe these are the right words -- I'm an email away. I think of Jud's wonderful smile and can't help but think that has to count for something!

    Please email me any time at all, ok? I'm plugging for you guys.

    ReplyDelete