Sunday, May 16, 2010

Happy Mothers Day To Me!


Here I am with the woman that made me a mother. We call this a Mother-Daughter Totem Pole. Kat is loving and kind, headed toward a great career as a clinical MSW, one of the most creative artists I know and the "Kat" is Katsui. I adore her. She gave me a super gift, Photoshop Elements, the easy one, because I am Technologically Challenged.


This is Andrew, Megan and Drew. Megan is my second daughter. Her mother, Diane and I, were due at the same time. We were both young and hot (not in the sense you think of now...though maybe that, too!) It was the middle of a South Dakota August and I sat in my living room and stared at the wall. I didn't have air conditioning. Di delivered seven days earlier...I was so mad! Actually, I was fine once I delivered. I love Megan (and her parents). We were so lucky to have her go to college in the Twin Cities. We were even luckier to have her live with us one summer. She is now back again, finishing her residency in internal medicine. She will be a brilliant and caring doctor. The nice looking guy on the right, Drew, is her partner. He is finishing his Ph.D. in Philosophy and we laugh a lot together and share a true love of sweet things!  We approve of him for our daughter, Megan. Andrew is their friend. He will have both a degree in philosophy an an MD. All three of them are scary smart!


This is the guy that made it all possible. He surprised me with a Mary Francis purse. It is brown and is beautifully beaded. He said it cost more than I would ever spend on a purse. I have resisted checking out how much it cost! I love this man. He is kind and gentle and is loved by so many. He has been a fantastic father to his daughter.  I could not have found a better choice as a husband for me. And I love his bald head! 

p.s. Kat wanted to add that we went out to brunch on Mother's Day at one of our favorite restaurants The Red Stag.  They use locally grown products and are an eco-conscious LEED-certified space.  Kat and Megan totally approve of the Dyson Blade hand dryers and took several trips to the restroom to try them out.   The food is phenominal, supper club fare with style and FLAVOR.  Kat says that she has learned her lesson after not ordering the chicken-fried steak with pancetta leek gravy.  Even though her corned beef hash was good, it was not eyes-rolling-back-into-head-and-unable-to-speak-with-pleasure good like the steak.  Mom and Dad were kind enough to share some of theirs with her!

Afterwards we went to the ADORABLE Northeast Minneapolis store i like you!  They feature locally handmade goods that are super cute, funky, adorable, fun, beautiful, and all-around fabulous.  We like them right back!

15 comments:

  1. Hello,
    Thanks for stopping by my blog. Looks like you like vintage jewels as well. I think Photoshop Elements might be more my speed as well. I'm not good at the layering.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, thanks for stopping by today..I love your blog's background and your jewerly. Terri

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful, loving family you have!!

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful and loving Mothter's Day post! And, thank you for sharing your beautiful family with us =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Suz, looks like you found me through my friend Diane! Thanks for visiting and leaving such a wonderful message. Great to see your family! Have a wonderful weekend. Riki :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. glad you had such a nice time!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm looking forward to hearing how the photoshop program works for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bald heads rock! Thanks for stopping by today. Nice to find another Minnesotan blogger. We have to stick together:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful testimony to daughter and hubby!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. hi, thanks for stopping by my blog. you have a lovely blog here.
    you gotta try the t-shirt folding technique, it's fun.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for dropping by my blog to say hi! Hope you liked it enough to call again soon!

    Sounds like you had a great Mothers Day and I love your Mother / Daughter photo shoot below - it looked like so much fun!

    Kat x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay for you!!! Glad you were loved on and spoiled-you deserve every bit of it!!!
    xxoo
    lynn

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Suz, yes, isn't it wonderful about the networking in blog land? That's how it works, we are all connected. I love it. The whole experience is so fulfilling and healthy. Glad to have you aboard. Have fun with it. Take care, Riki

    ReplyDelete
  14. That sounds like a fabulous Mother's Day weekend! The purse sounds lovely and Photoshop is a wonderful gift! Have a great week!

    Sandy xox

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like a WONDERFUL Mother's Day girl!!!!
    Those kids, I mean young adults, are super! I don't even know them and I'm so proud of them :)

    I just have to tell you that I enjoyed my visit catching up here...I missed quite a lot!
    My favorite would almost have to be the precious photo shoot of you two...how sweet is that??? I'm sure that was the best gift he could have ever received!!!!

    The weekend is coming...have a good one my friend!

    ReplyDelete